- It is the responsibility of each competitor to read and understand the current Barn Hunt Association, LLC Rules prior to participating in this event. http://www.barnhunt.com/forms/barnhuntrules.pdf
- Possessing or training with personal tubes and/or live rats is not permitted on the event grounds at any time.
- Sportsmanship: All competitors/handlers and spectators are expected to follow the rules of the BHA, LLC and demonstrate good sportsmanship. Please do not discuss hide-placement or any details of a dog’s performance that may provide information or clues to other handlers or may be overheard. Please be cognizant of teams competing in the ring and avoid loud or disruptive distractions.
- The trials will be held indoors (a simple, comfortable, heated building), on a concrete floor with rubber matting. The facility has an indoor restroom and is handicap-accessible.
- Blinds will be held in 10’x10’ pop-ups just outside the building (additional coverage to be available if weather is inclement). Please dress appropriately for weather. Exhibitors are responsible for entering the staging area/blind when asked and remain there until called to the gate when it is their turn to run. The judge is not required to wait for any dog holding up a class. Only ONE person per dog allowed in the blind.
- Small, non-crumbly treats and/or quiet (non-noisy) toys are permitted in the blind, but not the ring. NO cell phones or other communication devices are permitted in the blind or ring.
- Dogs must be leashed or crated when not actively working. Approved collars include: flat snap or buckle collars of solid construction and leather or nylon leads, limited slip martingale and single piece slip collars/leads, and harnesses. Flexi-leads are NOT allowed on event grounds. Dogs MUST run without a collar or a harness. Dogs should be brought to the ring with collars/harnesses which can be easily and quickly removed and replaced.
- Dog aggression: Any dog behaving in a threatening or aggressive manner toward another dog or person may be dismissed from the event if justification is found by the judge and/or event committee. Entry fees will not be refunded.
- Bitches in season: Are eligible for entry but will be required to be kept separate from all other dogs and will run at the end of their class. They must wear pants at all times (including on course) while not being pottied. In-season bitches will be sequestered, and have separate x-pens offered as exclusive potty areas. Bitches who are in-season must be declared as “in season” on their entry form, or at the general trial briefing.
- Please pick up after your dog and dispose of waste in appropriate containers. Designated potty areas will be identified.
- Coffee and light refreshments will be offered. Commercial food service will not be available on-site.
- There are no overnight accommodations available on-site.
- Volunteers: Are appreciated and needed! Seattle Kennel Club is new to Barn Hunt and we are eager to learn and support this exciting activity in our dog community. Your support, enthusiasm and patience is much appreciated. We warmly welcome any and all volunteers for any positions available on the day of the event.
- Spectators: Are valued and encouraged! Please be sure spectators have a basic understanding of the sport, especially including do’s and don’ts.
Payment and Entry Information:
- Entries CANNOT be accepted without BHA number. Dogs may be registered online at http://www.barnhunt.com. BHA registration fee is $30 for the life of the dog. There are no annual fees in Barn Hunt and no membership fee for dog owners.
- Entries CANNOT be accepted without signature and payment. Checks returned for insufficient funds will be subject to a $25 fee. Entries received without fees will not be accepted until payment is received.
- Owners are responsible for entry errors. Please write clearly and proof your entry. SKC & BHA, LLC will not make corrections once results are submitted.
- Incomplete forms, nonpayment, and returned checks do not constitute a valid entry. Entries will not be considered valid without a signed Release Agreement Form.
- Entries accepted on a first come/first served basis. Entries for each trial will close when the estimated trial time matches the schedule.
- Mailed entries must be received before December 17, 2016 at 8:00pm. Postmarks will NOT be used to determine acceptable entries.
- A maximum of 10 different dogs will be accepted in one envelope
- Move-ups allowed for trials 2&3 and must be included on the Secretary’s Move Up Sheet 30 minutes prior to the start of the next trial.
- Competitors who withdraw any or all entries prior to the entry closing date will receive a refund of all entry fees, minus PayPal processing fee, if applicable.
- Competitors who withdraw any or all entries after the entry closing date will receive NO refund.
- No entry fee will be refunded if the event cannot open or be completed by reason of riots, civil disturbances, fire, acts of God, public emergency, act of a public enemy, or any other cause beyond the control of the event committee.
- Entry fees will not be refunded in the event that a dog is absent, disqualified, sick, excused, or barred from competition by action of the Event Committee.
- Qualifier ribbons will be offered for qualifying runs in all classes.
- Placement ribbons will be offered for the first through fourth fastest qualifiers in each height division in the Novice, Open, Senior, and Master classes.
- A High-in-Class award will be offered for the fastest qualifier across all height divisions in each of the Novice, Open, Senior, and Master classes.
- A New Title award will be offered for any new Novice, Open, Senior, or Master titles earned.
- All ribbons and awards will be available while supplies last, and will not be mailed.
- The event site has extremely limited parking; since the location and venue are highly desired, we ask for your understanding and coöperation with regards to parking.
- Parking attendants will help to get as many cars accommodated as possible. We expect good sportsmanship to extend to the parking attendants as well. Harsh or indecent language towards the attendants can result in discipline including dismissal from the event and the event grounds.
- Cars will be accommodated on a first-come, first-serve basis; not all cars will be able to come and go at will.
- To make the most of our parking, we encourage participants to carpool if possible.
- There is no availability of RV parking on-site. For RV locations, please see: http://www.piercecounty.com/rvparks.htm
Notice to Participants:
It is expressly understood that participants alone are responsible for the behavior of their dogs and/or children. Any participant whose dogs and/or children create an unnecessary disturbance or repeatedly engages in unsafe or disruptive behavior may, at the discretion of the event committee, be asked to leave the event site. In such case, no refund of any fees paid will be made. SKC and its agents, Barn Hunt Association LLC, NW Barn Hunt LLC, and Win-Star Bed and Biscuit, will assume no responsibilities for any loss, damage or injury sustained by participants or spectators, or to any of their dogs or property and further assumes no responsibility for injury to children. SKC reserves the right to decline entries for cause and may remove any dog on account of dog or human aggression. No one shall have any recourse or claim against SKC or any official thereof.
I certify that I am the actual owner of the dog(s), or that I am the duly authorized agent of the actual owner whose name I have entered. In consideration of the acceptance of this entry, I (we) agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the Barn Hunt Association, LLC in effect at the time of this event, and by any additional rules and regulations appearing in the premium list for this event, and further agree to be bound by the liability waiver enclosed with my entry. I (we) certify and represent that the dog entered is not a hazard (dog or human aggressive) to persons or other dogs. This entry is submitted for acceptance on the foregoing representation and Agreement. I (we) agree to conduct myself (ourselves) in accordance with all Barn Hunt Association, LLC Rules and Regulations and to abide by any decisions made in accord with them.
I (we) agree that Seattle Kennel Club (SKC) has the right to refuse this entry for cause which the club shall deem sufficient. In consideration of the acceptance of this entry and of the holding of this event and of the opportunity to win prizes, ribbons, and/or trophies, I (we) agree to hold Barn Hunt Association, LLC, SKC, their members, directors, governors, officers, agents, or event secretary and the owner and/or lessor of the premises and any provider of services that are necessary to hold this event and any employees or volunteers of the aforementioned parties, and any BHA LLC approved judge, judging at this event, harmless from any claim for loss or injury which may be alleged to have been caused directly or indirectly to any person or thing by the act of this dog while in or about the event premises or grounds or near any entrance thereto, and I (we) personally assume all responsibility and liability for any such claim; and I (we) further agree to hold the aforementioned parties harmless from any claim for loss, injury or damage to this dog. Additionally, I (we) hereby assume the sole responsibility for and agree to indemnify, defend and save the aforementioned parties harmless from any and all loss and expense (including legal fees) by reason of the liability imposed by law upon any of the aforementioned parties for damage because of bodily injuries, including death at any time resulting there from, sustained by any person or persons, including myself (ourselves), or on account of damage to property, arising out of or in consequence of my (our) participation in this event, however such, injuries, death or property damage may be caused, and whether or not the same may have been caused or may be alleged to have been caused by the negligence of the aforementioned parties or any of their employees, agents, or any other persons.
Media Release Form
I hereby authorize club-appointed videographer and/or photographer to use, reproduce, and/or publish photographs and/or video that may pertain to me, including my image, likeness and/or voice without compensation. I understand that this material may be used in various publications, public affairs releases, recruitment materials, the SKC, INC and/or BHA LLC website, yahoo group or Facebook page, or for other related endeavors. This authorization is continuous and may only be withdrawn by my specific rescission of this authorization. Consequently, the BHA, LLC or SKC may publish materials, use my name, photograph, and/or make reference to me in any manner that the Corporation or project sponsor deems appropriate in order to promote/publicize service opportunities.