By Ranny Green
It’s not too early to begin thinking about holiday shopping and what to get that friend who has everything. If he or she is a dog owner, a book is always a popular choice.
Publishers gear many of their top releases each year to the holiday market and here are several worthy of strong consideration. Each feature/review captures the essence of the work, giving you a feel if it will make a suitable gift for that friend, relative or family member.
All are available on Amazon and most can be found at major book stores in the area. Additional recent releases can be perused on Picks of the Litter archives, plus several more will be featured Dec. 1 on this web site.
This month’s books are:
- “The Puppy Diaries: Raising a Dog Named Scout”
- “Part Wild: One Woman’s Extraordinary Love for a Creature Caught Between the Worlds of Wolves and Dogs”
- “Dogs Make Us Human: A Global Family Album”
- “Love at First Bark: How Saving a Dog Can Sometimes Help You Save Yourself”
- “All My Patients Kick and Bite: More Favorite Stories from a Vet’s Practice”
- “Pure Gold: Adventures with Six Golden Retrievers”
- “Faithful Friends: Holocaust Survivors’ Stories of the Pets Who Gave Them Comfort, Suffered Alongside Them and Waited for Their Return”